[Read more…] about Maine Women’s Giving Tree has donated a total of $82,500 to 13 nonprofits in the Mid Coast region to support organizations serving women, children and families.
2023 Grant Year Begins
MWGT is beginning the 2023 grant awards cycle and expects to award grants in May 2023. Grant requests must focus on improving the lives of women, children, or families primarily in Arrowsic, Bath, Brunswick, Harpswell, Freeport, Phippsburg, Topsham, West Bath, Wiscasset, or Woolwich (“MWGT Mission”). Last year grant awards ranged from $3,000 to $10,000 for a total of $82,500
The grant submission process consists of two stages: a Letter of Intent due on December 1, 2022, and a Grant Application due on February 28, 2023.
Your organization is invited to submit a ONE-PAGE Letter of Intent (LOI) that describes your grant proposal. This letter must contain:
- Name of the organization;
- Name of principal contact person;
- Brief description of the proposed project and how it impacts and supports the MWGT Mission;
- Amount of the grant request (Note: If you are invited to submit a grant application, the grant amount requested should be the amount submitted in your LOI. If the amount needs to be changed at the time of your application, please provide a justification for the changed amount in the application. We will take this additional request under consideration.); and
- PROOF of the organization’s 501(c)3 TAX STATUS.
The LOI must be submitted by 5:00 p.m. on December 1, 2022.
Following careful evaluation of the LOIs by the Grants Committee, selected organizations will be invited to submit an application for MWGT grant funding. A Letter of Request to Submit an Application will be sent to the organization’s contact person by December 15, 2022.
LOIs and Grant Applications will only be accepted electronically by the MWGT Grants
Committee through the following email address: email@example.com
For further clarification of this process, please go to the MWGT website at
www.mainewomensgivingtree.org and page through the GRANTS heading.