- Deadline for Grant Applications: January 12, 2018
Read about our most recent activities here: Quarterly Newsletter, November 2017.
Maine Women’s Giving Tree
Founded in 2009, The Maine Women’s Giving Tree is a Donor Advised Fund of the Maine Community Foundation. We believe that by pooling our dollars and together deciding how to distribute those dollars, we make a greater impact in our communities than we could as individual donors. Since 2012 we have awarded more than $150,000 in grants to outstanding community organizations and have grown to include nearly 60 members.
2017 Grant Awardees
$45,285 Awarded in 2017
- $7,500 to Big Brothers Big Sisters of Bath/Brunswick: Staff time to recruit and train new volunteers
- $7,885 to Mid Coast Hunger Prevention Program: Backpack Program
- $2,400 to New Hope for Women: “The Yellow Dress” production
- $6,000 to The Opportunity Alliance: Mediation Program
- $2,500 to People Plus: Brunswick Teen Center teen food program supplies
- $7,500 to Planned Parenthood of Northern New England, Topsham Health Center: At-Risk Teens Reproductive Health Care Center
- $6,500 to Tedford Housing: Outreach Coordinator for Merrymeeting Project for Homeless Youth
- $5,000 to Tri-County Literacy: Read With Me Program
MWGT is a donor advised fund of the Maine Community Foundation. All donations are tax-deductible