One of the benefits of membership in the Maine Women’s Giving Tree is the option for you to participate in one or more of our standing or ad hoc committees. Each of them plays an important role in helping us carry out our mission.
Informs members by…
- Inviting representatives of local nonprofit organizations, not currently being considered for an annual grant, to make presentations to our membership
- Asking previous grants recipients to bring the membership up to date on their accomplishments
- Facilitating membership meetings on timely topics
- Establishes grant guidelines
- Assesses Letters of Intent from local nonprofit organizations for funding consideration
- Determines grant awards and funding levels for submission to the Board and the full membership
- Oversees the Objective Review Committee on the implementation of the review process
Objective Review Committee
- Reviews and evaluates grant applications
- Grant awards recommendations are forwarded to the full Grants Committee
- Grant reviewers may but need not be members of the Grants Committee
- Identifies and reaches out to potential new members
- Shares information about MWGT and conducts follow-up with interested individuals
- Sends a welcoming packet to new members upon joining
- Creates and updates materials for public relations, marketing, and social media purposes.
- Manages the organization’s website and Facebook pages, including design and content.
- Members may receive training to edit the organization’s web page.
- Conducts media outreach to announce annual grant awards.
- Responsible for organizing the logistics for the annual awards ceremony
- Coordinates other special events as directed by the president
- Works with the Treasurer to develop budgets
- They are responsible for overseeing the preparation and delivery of required IRS documents and forms (1099, 990)
- Monitors adherence to the budget via monthly Treasurer’s reports
- Works with the Treasurer to present financial goals and proposals to the executive board for approval.