MWGT is beginning the 2024 grant awards cycle and expects to award grants in May 2024. Grant requests must focus on improving the lives of women, children, or families primarily in Bath, Brunswick, Freeport, Harpswell, Phippsburg, Topsham, Woolwich and Wiscasset. Last year grant awards totaled $100,000.
The grant submission process consists of two stages: a Letter of Intent due on December 1, 2023, and a Grant Application due on February 28, 2024.
Your organization is invited to submit a ONE-PAGE Letter of Intent (LOI) that describes your grant proposal. This letter must contain:
- Name of the organization;
- Name of principal contact person;
- Brief description of the proposed project and how it impacts and supports the MWGT Mission;
- Amount of the grant request (Note: If you are invited to submit a grant application, the grant amount requested should be the amount submitted in your LOI. If the amount needs to be changed at the time of your application, please provide a justification for the changed amount in the application. We will take this additional request under consideration.); and
- PROOF of the organization’s 501(c)3 TAX STATUS.
The LOI must be submitted by 5:00 p.m. on December 1, 2023.
Following careful evaluation of the LOIs by the Grants Committee, selected organizations will be invited to submit an application for MWGT grant funding. A Letter of Request to Submit an Application will be sent to the organization’s contact person by December 15, 2023.
LOIs and Grant Applications will only be accepted electronically by the MWGT Grants Committee through the following email address: email@example.com
For further clarification of this process, please go to the MWGT website at www.mainewomensgivingtree.org and page through the GRANTS heading.